The conference is intended to contribute to an improvement of European heterodox networking in macroeconomics. On the one hand, the state of heterodox macroeconomics shall be discussed. On the other hand, perspectives for European economic policies will be debated. The following topics will be covered:
- Alternatives to the new consensus approach to macroeconomics
- Theories of monetary policy and monetary policies of the ECB
- Theories of fiscal policies and fiscal policies in the EMU
- Theories of wage policies and wage policies in the EMU
- The Maastricht Regime and its effects on the EMU and on specific countries
- EU enlargement under the conditions of the Maastricht regime
- What can European policy makers learn from economic history?
- Alternatives to the Maastricht regime and its elements (ECB-strategy, Stability and Growth Pact)
- Comparisons of European macroeconomic policies to other countries.
Dr. Eckhard-Hein at boeckler.de Personal Window
Dr. Achim-Truger at boeckler.de