The Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung and the Hans Böckler Foundation are organizing a scientific conference . The core sessions will focus on new research with relevance for co-determination and its future development. Contributions from a variety of fields including sociology, political science, industrial relations, economics and law will address the following questions:
- What economic and social impact have laws on co-determination at the companyand establishment level had (in Germany and other countries)?
- What kind of “voice” do workers want at the individual, plant and company level?
- What role does co-determination play in relation to business ethics, corporate responsibility and corporate governance?
- What are the main economic, social and legal challenges facing co-determination?
- What impact has European legislation had (including the European Company)?
- How can the results of research be communicated to the public and practitioners?